Advertisement

R129 Mercedes Benz 500SL Aux Fans DIY Adjustable Thermostat Switch Probe for Auxiliary Fans

R129 Mercedes Benz 500SL Aux Fans DIY Adjustable Thermostat Switch Probe for Auxiliary Fans Is your Mercedes Benz 500SL running hot due to aux fans not engaging? Here is a fix inspired by Stray Benzes video, on the adjustable thermostat for the auxiliary fans. This is a adjustable thermostat that I purchased from eBay for around $25 that fixed the heating problem that I’ve been facing for some time. I changed out fan clutch, radiator, water pump, thermostat & did a coolant flush as well as checked if I had a blown head gasket. Nothing was fixing the problem. I pin pointed it to the aux fans; so I changed out temperature sensors, relays, resistor & fuses. NOTHING WAS WORKING! I was planning on just connecting the aux fans to a relay switch & manually turning them On & Off from inside my vehicle, until I saw a video that was a better solution to my problem.

Vehicle symptoms: Running hot while idling. Temp gauge would reach 100+ while in traffic. A couple times reaching close to 120 range. I once had to pull over and let the car cool down because it almost red lined. While driving, temp would go back down to around 90 and stay there. If I would go down hill the temp would climb back down close to 80 so I knew that not enough air was going through the radiator & that I didn’t have a clogged exhaust for example. This has made a huge difference & now I’m able to drive in peace knowing that my car won’t go over 100 in traffic, which according to Mercedes Benz dealers is perfectly fine. Thanks Stray Benzes for posting that video! Hope you guys find this video helpful! Song by Co.Ag music

R129,500SL,Mercedes Benz,Aux Fans,Auxiliary Fans R129,Car Overheating,Running Hot,Temperature Thermostat,Adjustable Thermostat,Radiator Thermostat Probe,

Post a Comment

0 Comments