Advertisement

Make a simple Sanding Abrasive Paste for Woodturning INEXPENSIVE

Make a simple Sanding Abrasive Paste for Woodturning  INEXPENSIVE I made a sanding paste that cost 30 cents an oz to make.
On a recent video I used a sanding paste that I made. I had a few viewers ask questions about it and ask if I could post a video on how I did it. So that is what I did. Other videos have been made on doing this.
Because it is a simple process I tried to make the video show how simple it is.
One thing I did not mention is if you want it thinner use less Diatomaceous earth. If you want it thicker use more. I would keep the mineral oil and beeswax the same.
If you can heat water you can make this paste.
And the paste really does work good.

4 oz mineral oil
1 oz beeswax
1 oz diatomaceous earth

tripoli and rottenstone are similar to diatomaceous earth
I am guessing it could be used as well but you may have to experiment.
I have never tried Yorkshire Grit but it must be similar.

Be sure to read your labels if you are concerned about having a food safe finish.

The link for the Mimosa Bowl


If you found this video entertaining:
Please Like and Subscribe and Share if you are inclined






The video is for entertainment purposes only


Things I am interested in:
Abrasive Paste
Segments Natural Edge
Madrone Burl
Segmented Turnings Glue Goblets Bowls
Lacquer Wipe on Poly Howard Feed and Watx
make yorkshire grit
wedgie Sled Wood Lathes segment glue up
Lathe turned bowl burls
Woodworking Carvings
Lathes
Dizzy bowls Twister
Tumbling bowls
Wing Bowls
Emerging Bowls
Asian Pear
Black Locust Mimosa
Droop Bowl
Mushroom

sanding paste,mimosa natural edge,live edge,bowl lathe,make yorkshire grit,diy yorkshire grit,

Post a Comment

0 Comments