Advertisement

My Boyfriend Wants An Open Relationship

My Boyfriend Wants An Open Relationship Hey, I'm Olivia, and I met my boyfriend, Christian, 2 years ago in college.

I always thought we had the perfect relationship because we were best friends and loved each other so much. Literally, all our friends called us the 'dream couple'.

But 6 months ago, Christian said we needed to talk. I immediately got scared because I thought he wanted to break up with me.

But instead, he said he wanted an 'open relationship' because he missed going out to bars with his friends and he felt like he was 'missing out'.

I told him I didn’t have a problem with him going out with his friends, but then he explained that it wasn’t just that. He also wanted to be able to sleep with other women.

He said it was like eating ice cream: I'm his favorite flavor, but sometimes he wanted to try other flavors.

Woah! I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

I asked him how I would know he wouldn’t just find another 'favorite flavor' and dump me?

But he said I should just trust him.

Well, there was no way I was interested in an open relationship.

For me, making love is a way of showing how much I care about someone, so the idea of him sleeping with other girls killed me. Wasn’t I good enough for him?

Christian was desperate to see other girls, so we decided to break up.

The first few days were really hard. I couldn't stop thinking about Christian. I missed him so much, but I was also a bit angry because it felt like he had wasted 2 years of my life, just to decide I wasn't good enough.

I felt rejected and thought my life was over, but... of course, it wasn't.

A few months later, I started going out with another guy, David, and things were going well. He was only interested in me. And I felt really special whenever we were together.

But then, right when I was in the middle of a date with David, Christian texted me, saying he was sorry for breaking up with me. He said he had been stupid, and it was the biggest mistake of his life.

Well, of course, I loved the fact that he wanted me back and I still had some feelings for him, even though I was with David. But I just didn’t think I could ever trust him again.

In the end, I wrote him that I wasn’t interested.

But the next day Christian came to my apartment with flowers and said, "please take me back. I can't live without you."

Romantic, right?

Wrong! It was so cringe-worthy. It looked like he had realized he couldn't find another girl better than me, so that he wanted me back now.

And I also knew that if I said yes, he would only get bored with me eventually and want to see other girls again.

I politely told him that I had moved on and wasn't interested in him anymore.

He looked devastated, but at least he got the message and didn't become some creepy stalker or something.

After a few more dates, I decided David wasn’t right for me. He was sweet, but I realized I wasn’t ready for a new relationship yet.

One day I’ll find the right guy, the man I’ll spend the rest of my life with, but this time I'll be more careful about who I date. I want to be sure my next boyfriend is mature enough to become my husband someday.

Thank you for listening to my story. Have you ever had a messy break-up? Please share your experience in the comments and don't forget to like the video and subscribe to our channel!

Relationship

Post a Comment

0 Comments