Advertisement

Descript's Podcast Studio launches: we try it out

Descript's Podcast Studio launches: we try it out Something a bit different: this video shows editing the podcast in Descript first. If you just want the podcast, go to 10 minutes in. You can subscribe to Podnews's newsletter at

What I did here:

1. I read my script into Hindenburg, my usual editor, and exported the audio file as an MP3. (Hindenburg adds some EQ and compression to the microphone, which I felt more comfortable with; and Descript can't record in OSX 10.15 beta for some reason anyway).

2. Made the video you see above. I'd not used Descript before today, and had spent ten minutes watching bits of the tutorial. You can also see I'm using the free version.

3. Exported the audio from Descript into Hindenburg for the publishing process (I produce two different audio files at differing LUFS values).

Note: the version of the podcast at the end of this video was erroneously compressed again - my mistake. I corrected this for the real podcast, which is now published at

launches:

Post a Comment

0 Comments