Advertisement

Removal from class instruction resulting in bad grades

Removal from class instruction resulting in bad grades The Parent asked:
"LONG post. Thank you in advance!

My 16 year old son who happens to have Down syndrome and autism is a senior at Lawndale High School in a special education class and one of the electives he has is music, which is in the general education classroom. On Oct. 22nd while in this class, my son uploaded 2 and 3 second videos that I found on his tablet showing him excluded from the music class in a very small back room while the teacher was teaching. Possibly a storage room for the instruments.

I've reached out to the special education director for our district, principal, the teacher, the sp ed facilitator (all cc'd in an email) and I received no reply. It's been about 1 week now. As far as the F grade, I've been reaching out to the principal, facilitator, I have documented everything for the past month to find out what I can do to help my son not get an F grade in this class, but little did I know he's being excluded in a small back room.

The teacher called me Friday and said that the music teacher was giving a lecture in class that day, so my son was in that back room for that reason.The teacher said my son's aide was not in that day, but she provided the other child's BMA (seen in video) some things to work on, but you can clearly see my son is not working on anything. The aide's back is to him while he is on his tablet.

I received my son's two-week progress report and then 10 week report in the mail yesterday and the music teacher is giving him another F grade.

I need your Insight please!
I want to start by filing a complaint with the district."

grades

Post a Comment

0 Comments