Advertisement

Mr. Hudson Calls On Vic Mensa to Show His 'Chicago' Pride For New Track: Premiere

Mr. Hudson Calls On Vic Mensa to Show His 'Chicago' Pride For New Track: Premiere Mr. Hudson and Vic Mensa have linked up on numerous occasions in the past, with both having spent time under the tutelage of Kanye West during crucial points in their careers. The pair reunited on Thursday (May 23), as Hudson calls on Vic for an homage to his hometown of "Chicago," which premieres with Billboard below.  "Once I had the song, I knew I wanted it to sound like Chicago," the British artist tells Billboard. "The drums were really important. Once I got the track sounding right with Johan, I called Vic. We’re always a good fit because he’s not afraid of wearing his heart on the sleeve of his motorcycle jacket. I went to his studio, which looks like a punk music venue, and he cut his verse in a couple takes. It’s emotional but it’s proud. Anger can be a useful emotion.” Mensa takes the baton and flips the messaging over the percussion-filled record to detail how he should've left the pain he endured alone in the Chi. "Mr. Hudson is a dear friend of mine and one of my favorite people to work with. I always know he’ll pull up for me and that’s mutual," says the 25-year-old. "The record immediately spoke to me, and I wanted to take a direction personifying misery as a woman I should have left behind in Chicago."   The Johan-produced "Chicago" follows "Antidote" as Mr. Hudson's next single of 2019. Mensa is expected to release music this summer from his 93PUNX band.  Listen to "Chicago" below.

Premiere

Post a Comment

0 Comments