Advertisement

Repurposed Outdoor Coffee Table

Repurposed Outdoor Coffee Table In 2013 I built a table for my backyard in Arizona. Watch the build here:
After moving to Denver, I decided to refinish the table in hopes of giving it a "bulletproof coating" that could take anything this high elevation environment could dish out. Watch the refinish video here:
Unfortunately, the finish didn't hold up as well as I had hoped and I decided to dismantle the table and repurpose the material for a coffee table.

To ensure this table doesn't suffer the same fate as the previous one, I made three important changes:
- I included slats in the top to allow for drainage.
- I used a hardwax oil finish (Osmo One Coat - containing pigments and no film. The pigments will help block UV rays and the finish won't crack or peel.
The table will live under a covered area of the patio. This greatly reduces exposure to UV, rain, and snow.

Hopefully, this table will last a lot longer with yearly maintenance. If necessary, I plan to lightly sand the table and then reapply a new coat of the same finish.

If you're looking for Ramone's Domino Dock, go here:

SUBSCRIBE!


TAKE YOUR WOODWORKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL


SUPPORT US ON PATREON!


PRODUCTS RECOMMENDED BY MARC


CHECK OUT OUR SECOND CHANNEL


WOOD WHISPERER en Español


CHECK OUT OUR SHOP TOURS


GET INSPIRED BY OUR VIEWER PROJECT LIBRARY


DOWNLOAD OUR FREE APP
Android: or iOS:

WIN FREE TOOLS!


Follow me on:
TWITTER -
FACEBOOK -
INSTAGRAM -
Pinterest:

woodworking,wood,diy,furniture,maker,osmo one coat,western red cedar,outdoor furniture,

Post a Comment

0 Comments